Currently viewing all articles written in June 2019
- Do you have the right to play the music you’re playing?
- A 2018 High Court decision has shown you should consider your right to use a third party’s intellectual property, such as playing music in the course of your business operations
- PPSR lease losses
- When the Personal Property Securities Register (the PPSR) was established in 1999, most businesses were quick to catch on that it was a good idea to register security over goods that were sold under a line of credit. What wasn’t so easily recognised is that the register was designed to also capture leases of goods that are indefinite or extend past one year.
- Changes to Domestic Violence Protection Orders
- If you are in, or have been in, a domestic relationship with a person you consider is being violent towards you, you may be able to apply for a protection order under the Domestic Violence Act 1995.