Rachel joined Malley & Co in 2017 after graduating from the University of Canterbury with a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Arts.
Rachel is a key member of the family & relationships team and regularly advises clients on:
- Relationship Property (including both the protection of assets before and during the
relationship and the division of assets following separation);
- Matters in relation to personal safety including Protection and Occupation orders;
- Wills and Enduring Powers of Attorney;
- Care of Children and guardianship disputes; and
- Applications under the Protection of Personal and Property Rights Act 1988 for Welfare Guardian and Property Manager.
Rachel communicates effectively and always takes the sensitive nature of her advice into consideration when doing so.
Rachel takes a balanced approach to her advocacy by endeavouring to resolve matters by agreement but is also experienced at preparing Family Court proceedings and appears regularly in the Family Court.